Benefits of a Meditation practice may include:
- Increase the supply and transport of prana (life force)
- It can be used as a complementary therapy in conjunction with other treatments.
- Rebalances the left and right hemispheres of the brain which represent intellect and emotion respectively.
- Strengthens and supports the immune, digestive, cardiovascular, nervous and endocrine systems.
- Regulates blood pressure and stimulates blood circulation.
- Reduces muscular tension which may originate and be exacerbated by stress.
- Helps reduce symptoms of anxiety.
- Helps with the development of self discipline.
- Increases energy levels
- Slows down the heart rate and respiration
Why not come along on Tuesday nights at 7.30pm and experience Meditation for yourself?
“Every soul innately yearns for stillness, for a space, a garden where we can till, sow, reap, and rest, and by doing so come to a deeper sense of self and our place in the universe. Silence is not an absence but a presence. Not an emptiness but repletion A filling up.” Anne Leclaire
Meditation through Moksha Yoga
Every Tuesday night from 7.30-8.30pm
(Last Tuesday class will be 03 February 2015, we will then move to Friday evenings 6.30-7.30pm starting 06 February 2015)
Meditation is defined as ‘communion with the inner self’ so take time out of your hectic pace to meditate in an informal and supportive environment. Experience peace, stillness and clarity of mind as you release mental stress and physical tension. No matter what your experience, guided meditation will suit the beginner through to the experienced practitioner.
Every-one can meditate, we believe that if you can breathe you can meditate! The benefits of meditation are experienced at level of being and thereby increase physical, mental and emotional health and well being.
Why not experience a night of bliss on Tuesday evenings by practicing the 6pm Vinyasa Yoga Class followed by an hour of meditation?
With our busy lives we often find we are rushing around taking care of others and not stopping to take care of ourselves. Why not allocate every Tuesday evening to take time out and have some personal time to dedicate to your yoga and meditation practice in an informal and supportive environment.
Practicing meditation after an asana (physical) practice is said to be the most beneficial, and the stillness of mediation can be experienced with greater ease purely because the stillness through asana and pranayama has already been established.
For all enquiries regarding the Meditation Classes, please contact the studio. Each meditation class is $12 per person, payment for meditation is made on arrival. Bookings are not required.