Empowered Birthing Workshop with Rachel Foster
This workshop has been designed to give you and your support person practical skills for labour, birth and beyond. We’ll explore techniques to help you move through fear and into a sense of confidence, giving yourself and your baby the best foundation for a positive birth experience.
We will cover:
- Yoga poses for different stages of labour and optimal birthing positions
- Breathing techniques for labour and birth
- Visualisation and relaxation techniques to move through fear
- Creating and understanding your birth plan as a couple and options when things don’t go to plan
- The different stages of labour and what to expect
- Massage and techniques your partner can use during labour
- Partner work and how your partner can best support you during labour and the birth
- How together you can make a calm and positive environment during labour
We will have plenty of time for questions and you will also receive a hand out to take home.
This workshop is open to you and your partner/support person and you are also welcome to come by yourself. The workshop will complement hospital or other classes, and is also an excellent refresher for those who are already parents.
About the Facilitator:
Rachel Foster is a Teacher at Moksha Yoga and has always been interested in pre and post natal yoga and the benefits that could be experienced with a regular practice. Rachel has completed training with specialist modules on pre and post natal yoga teaching and has recently completed a 100 hour course devoted solely to teaching yoga to pre and postnatal women.
Rachel is incredibly passionate about sharing yoga with women during this stage of their lives as she has experienced firsthand the difference between a non-yoga pregnancy and birth followed by a yoga pregnancy and birth and found the experiences worlds apart. Rachel will be doing further training next year as a doula (birth attendant). Rachel believes it is an honour to share yoga with women during this amazing yet challenging time of their lives and she is incredibly grateful to be doing so.
When: Saturday 14th June 2014 from 1pm – 4pm
Cost: $80 per person/couple, registration and payment required at point of booking
For all enquiries and to register your place please contact us on 9557-5885 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org